[pianotech] Gen-u-whine Steinway parts:OT RANT

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Tue May 1 19:28:55 MDT 2012

I could take you to some mighty fine 1920's Steinways. For me, the specific design, fit, and finish, came together very nicely in the 20's. I am certain there were bad ones, just as you say, but production was high, and build quality didn't seem to suffer just because they were making a lot of them. There was a good dealer in those times here, and 20's Steinways are common here. And, yes, I own one.

Kent