[pianotech] mystery clamp

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Mon May 7 19:49:28 MDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Nossaman t: Re: [pianotech] mystery clamp

That's 'cause you're old, Avery. , like me... Nope. This isn't an angle
clamp. It's part of a two piece straight bar type thing like Joe
described, user supplying the bar. I was just hoping for specifics on
the thing, since it isn't apparently a common item or brand, if it ever
was.

Thanks anyway,
Ron N

               Actually, what you got there is a timber stretcher,  or at least, half of one.  They came in pairs, and were used by
carpenters  when they mistakenly cut a board just a little short.  Clamping these on both ends of the board, they were butted
up against an adjustable steel spacer  between them, and you just cranked the clamps against the steel and stretched that
board out to fit.  If only one end was short,  then you only cranked that end.
Haven't seen those things in a long while, thanks for the memories,
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT