[pianotech] palm nailers?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu May 10 20:47:19 MDT 2012

On 5/10/2012 8:15 PM, Norman Cantrell wrote:
> Ron
>
> What do you use for an interface between the palm nailer and the tuning
> pin. I have tried one direct to the pin and tend to get some flattening
> of the tops of the pins. I would like to eliminate that "feature" if at
> all possible.

I consider it a tradeoff for the cumulative pain of swinging my four
pound single jack, and a fair trade at that. The flattened pin top
doesn't affect function or hammer tip fit, so is purely cosmetic.
Fitting a punch with a domed "socket" to the palm nailer should do it,
but I really haven't thought it worth the trouble for the cosmetics.

Ron N