[pianotech] pianotech Digest, Vol 43, Issue 58

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Fri May 11 11:06:22 MDT 2012

Duaine said:

<And, yes, any tuner still my need to get those hearing enhancers BUT an
aural tuning puts undue stress on the ears.>

Um..I've stayed clear of this debate until this gem came across my screen.

Duiane, how can you make such a statement when you do not use your ears to
tune? Do you realize you are dis-respecting some of the most respected
tuners in our profession now and in the past, PTG and non-PTG, who did not
have the luxury of ETD's? Disrespecting in the fact that those who tuned
before ETD's were stressed with their profession? Let's not forget those
who tune aurally today, and have the technology of ETD's at hand. They're
stressed? I've met some of them, and they are some of the most stress-free
people I know. I am not BS-ing for the sake of an argument..that's not why
I decided to chime in here - rather to try and have you realize
the absurdity of that statement.

Perhaps not.

-Phil