[pianotech] pianotech Digest, Vol 43, Issue 58

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Fri May 11 13:01:15 MDT 2012

Gosh, Phil, it is as simple and plain as the nose on your face.

YES, you are using your ears and maybe stress was a poor choice of words. Maybe, "over worked", tired, taxing or
equivalent thereof.

With ETD tuners, for starters, you ONLY need to worry about the "main" note and its unisons and your ears are done
(except for some minor adjustments)

With Aural tuning, for starters, you have to tune the temperament + it's unisons. Then go up and down the scale doing
the "aural tuning checks". Then, probably, another pass for fine tuning. So, doing all the "aural tuning checks" along
the way makes your ears tired. NOW, you think your done. Oh, but, wait, you have do go back and make MORE adjustments -
tiring your ear some more.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years