[pianotech] CTE's - what are you thoughts? (continuation of Re: Old can of worms)

Bill Fritz pianofritz50 at aol.com
Sat May 12 07:30:58 MDT 2012

I for one am interested in CTEs' responses to this question of David Love's (and the request by Will Truitt).

Thank you in advance...   Bill Fritz, St Louis

<snip>
As for the answer to your final question, I think that is best left to those
out there who have been CTE's who hopefully are reading this correspondence.
They could certainly give you a far more intelligent answer than I could
venture, given a body of experience testing candidates of all levels of
experience, expertise, and "holes" in their knowledge base.  I hope they will
chime in with their thoughts.

Will Truitt

<snip>
So back to the real question.  If aural tuning tends to deliver less consistent
results in the temperament and octave sections than electronic tuning, then why
do we insist that the testing in those sections be done aurally and exclude a
purely electronic approach?

David Love