[pianotech] striving for the Wow factorQ

David Renaud drjazzca at gmail.com
Tue May 15 18:17:10 MDT 2012

> Ron Kovalchicagoland,
> And of course this assumes the MAJOR ASSUMPTION that the piano, in
> question, has an absolutely perfect inharmonicity curve and all of the wire
> changes do not occur on those notes! Yeah, Right!<G> Not what Mr. Nossaman
> had in mind, I suspect. Certainly not what I was talking about.
> Joe

   True,  The other tuning programs do take a few samples and create a generalized curve that is
Adjustable. But, Verituner takes samples comtinuously for every note on the piano, and therefore does actually factor in inharmonisity jumps of the stringin scale, and all quirks it hears.
It does create an actual aural style tuning, always listening, unlike the other programs that extrapolate a general curve from a few samples. what he is suggesting might work......