[pianotech] striving for the Wow factorQ

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue May 15 16:11:33 MDT 2012

Ron said:
"I'm actually suggesting to work less hard, not more! The whole point was
to partner with an ETD (in my case, the Verituner)and automate the process
of targeting a 'wow' tuning. It may take a little extra time while you
develop the data and experiencehow to manipulate your particular ETD, and
none seem to be as adaptive to what I'm suggesting as the Verituner at this
time...
But once you have the data of what stretch fits what piano, it isn't any
harder than any other ETD tuning. New models or unusual pianos to you
require checking the A's and choosing a stretch to fit - giving you more
data...
The whole point being that there is a painless process in place to at least
target something closer to a 'wow' tuning.
Whether or not the piano can be wrestled into submission in the time at
hand is a different question!"

Ron Kovalchicagoland,
And of course this assumes the MAJOR ASSUMPTION that the piano, in
question, has an absolutely perfect inharmonicity curve and all of the wire
changes do not occur on those notes! Yeah, Right!<G> Not what Mr. Nossaman
had in mind, I suspect. Certainly not what I was talking about.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I