[pianotech] phenomana - experiment.

David Renaud drjazzca at gmail.com
Tue May 15 21:29:40 MDT 2012

>> Since aurally we do actually tune to those harmonics it would change
>> how we tune aurally the same piano in different seasons.
>
> What do you think this is about?

     I understand exactly what this is about. The difference is, I am willing to assume for a moment
That it the harmonics change therefore aural tuning changes, Thus am satisfied to
Measure the harmonics first, and accompanying verituner data.
     Once that prooves fruitful, and i now sometimg, then and only then test the assumption
By repeating a real aural master tuning in the same piano. This is just born of a sence of first
Needing some measurements to hang my hat on and provide a basis for soliciting a team
To invest a couple days.

      One master tuning on my Stienway test piano would not suffice anyway to compare to the old master. It's been some years since it was done, enough that the new string may have
Changed somewhat. Its due for another pass at the master, and a comparision
8 years apart will be flawed. It is so labor intensive to do the master tuning
That I would be surprised if has been done twice in close conjunction redundantly
On the same piano.