[pianotech] phenomana - experiment. -- P.S.

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed May 16 10:05:37 MDT 2012

You know, David, if you could use a humidifier and a shorter time frame,
the changes to the committee's tuning might tell you if this theory has
legs, and the
lack of time in between might eliminate a variable. Any changes you would
see would be due strictly to humidity, and not to the passage of time and
the use of the piano. I assume you aren't going to seal the piano away
for six months and let no one play it?

You could have the committee do their thing, record it, use the humidifier,
have them come back the next week, record the changes the humidity made
before they retuned it, then see what they ended up with after the second
tuning, and record that. That way you'd have an exact record of just how
much
the tuning had changed and how much they had to do to bring it back,
uncomplicated by six months of piano practice or performances.

Lots of recording. It's a good thing I don't know how to do that ... <grin>

I lived in a big apartment complex once, run by a peppery lady from
Massachusetts,
who could fix ANYTHING. She was almost ridiculously capable. Once I
mentioned that
she might figure out how to fix cars .... "NO! I REFUSE!!!!" she said.

Susan