[pianotech] bead blasting wood...gently

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Fri May 25 17:14:20 MDT 2012

I have been thinking of sandblasting my next piano plate in the areas of the
lettering, doing so carefully so as to take it down to bare metal in that
area, before painting again.  I would want to do so in such a way as to
remove all the paint while minimally disturbing the iron.  The more coats of
paint you put on a plate around the lettering, the more it loses shape and
definition.  The idea is refinish the plate whilst retaining as much
definition as possible.  Do you or anyone have suggestions as to the best
material?

Will Truitt