[pianotech] Square grand jack springs and cords

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue May 29 23:40:26 MDT 2012

Norman said:
"Terry
I once used typewriter springs but good luck finding a typewriter repair
shop to salvage them from. ?Might go garage sale hunting though."

Norman,
Aha! You're the one that was screwing up all those square grands with STEEL
typewriter springs! Now I know who to send all the ones I have to replace,
to.<G> The originals are brass and a very specific diameter and gauge.
Anything other than that really screws up the repetition, (which sucks for
the most part anyway.<G)
That's my take on that.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.