[pianotech] --Centering the bridge--was S&S something

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed May 30 07:57:43 MDT 2012

I wasn't commenting on your experience.  Yes, arguments and warnings, not
dire warnings, just warnings, are based on my experience and aesthetic
choices as well as honest feedback from someone outside the shop.  The
"lecture" wasn't really meant for your benefit, I had no illusion about
that.  It was an added commentary on the issue of design that too often gets
presented on this list as gospel with other approaches demeaned.  But those
who read this list and hear arguments that seem to make perfectly good sense
should be aware that designs that seem to make perfectly good sense don't
necessarily yield tonal results that one might expect.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com