[pianotech] Square Grand Keypins & Backchecks

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu May 31 11:42:38 MDT 2012

Front rail keypins are 0.146" - so no sweat there. However, the balance rail keypins are 0.154" - what's up with that? Any recommendations?

I was thinking of trying my new bottle of Pianotek Profelt - but they don't have cauls for a 0.154" hole. I suppose I should just replace the bushings anyway........ Any thoughts?

Other item is backchecks. Looks like the originals had two layers of leather on the back and then on the front, one layer of leather and then a thick layer of dense felt - something like hammer felt. Anyone know what type of felt this is - and a source?