[pianotech] Square Grand Hammer Shanks

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu May 31 16:26:48 MDT 2012

If you are putting on new hammers, which I presume that you are, why not
bore your hammers (or have your hammer supplier bore them) to the diameter
of the shanks that you will be using?  What make of piano is this and what
kind of shanks do you have on them.  What is the diameter of the original
shanks and the upright shanks?  Are the knuckles on the old shanks round
like most shanks, or another shape.

You will be much more likely to receive good answers if you are specific
about makes and models, and offer as full a description of the part in
question.  There is no such thing as generic piano parts, there is too much
variety.

Will Truitt