[pianotech] Was high and outside now silent pitch lowering

Carl koko99 at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 1 13:08:02 MDT 2012

I've been reading many, not all, of these (high and outside) posts for a
couple of weeks now, and only
one fellow brought up the possibility of broken strings on pitch raises. I
've had many pitch raise
needs and always  worry about the possibility of breakeage.  I'm aware that
a piano 10 or 15 years
old can be raised without much worry, but many are considerably older, and
look and feel like all
the strings might break with an even 10 cent raise.  That's likely an
exageration, but all you need is
one string to break, and this adds considerable time to a tuning, plus other
factors , such as cost
for the extra work .  ????????

CT  - Winnipeg.