[pianotech] Possible adaptation for the Tuning Exam

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sat Nov 10 19:30:23 MST 2012

For the same reason it cannot be used as the stretch on another piano will
most likely be different.
It is a misconception to say that we tune a piano to equal temperament. Only
he A,F or C
which ever note is chosen to set the temperament will if set exactly will be
in equal temperament All notes above and below that BENCH MARK will be sharp
or flat to compensate for the pianos stretch.
Thus a well tuned piano is perfectly out of tune.
Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com