[pianotech] Stienway B front rail pins

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 11:13:06 MST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Fisher RPT

The old front rail pins are .146 and new from the factory are .128
The old front rail pins are longer by a quarter inch or so and the
bottom of the replacements are fatter.

I can get .146 replacements with the fatter bottoms and drill out the
keyframe to accommodate but is there an easier way??  If I do drill out
the keyframe, what size drill do I use??  .....   like 10 thousands
smaller or some such thing??

Greetings,
    I think the WNG pins, coated with aluminum oxide, would be the way
to go. They have both lengths.  If you are drilling the holes out
anyway, go ahead and drill for the inserts and install the lowest
friction pins on the market.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html