[pianotech] Stienway B front rail pins

Larry Fisher RPT larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Tue Nov 13 09:51:27 MST 2012

The old front rail pins are .146 and new from the factory are .128
The old front rail pins are longer by a quarter inch or so and the bottom of the replacements are fatter.

I can get .146 replacements with the fatter bottoms and drill out the keyframe to accommodate but is there an easier way??  If I do drill out the keyframe, what size drill do I use??  .....   like 10 thousands smaller or some such thing??  The shorter length is not an issue that I can tell.

BTW this is the one that I asked y’all about replace or recover the backchecks.  I replaced and used the drill press (unplugged) as a press.  I was able to get consistency with in a half a mil this way  ..........  and I feel it took less time and gave a much nicer looking job.  4 hours plus about an hour of rough adjustment.  Thanks everyone.