[pianotech] Hardening bass hammers

Sig throan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 18:20:14 MST 2012

It may not be the hammers. Pluck the lowest steel wire tenor string then
pluck the highest bass string and compare the tone. If the bass is softer
try twisting the string. Other problems could be the bass bridge is loose
from the soundboard. To get good tone out of the bass might need new bass
strings.