[pianotech] iPad tuning software

David Renaud drjazzca at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:15:21 MST 2012

I have both Tunelab and verituner installed on my iPad 2.

Both work very well. Lately I use verituner most often.

   Teaching tuning and analyzing what I do I still use Tunelab because it expresses
And plots things from a zero line based on lining up 4:2,6:3, etc. partials and shows
Deviations plotted from lining up a given set of partials. The spectral graph is also useful
In showing the peaks of 3 separate strings slightly out of unison. Notes can be customized
With a simple touch and saved on the fly. It speaks an analytical language I understand.

   Verituner does not plot out an average curve extrapolated from some samples, but listens to
Total harmonic content of every note, adjusting each notes quicks to create a smooth aural result. It calculates and defines good concert level tunings.

     Both are good programs.
     Both work well on iPad. Nice big visual screen.

                                        Dave Renaud

Sent from my iPad