[pianotech] wooden click at letoff?

Jim Ialeggio jim at grandpianosolutions.com
Wed Nov 21 05:58:52 MST 2012

Tom D said:

<I had a click from the rosewood to shank glue joint on a part that did
not "feel" loose at all. I pulled the knuckle (with ease as it turned
out ) and reglued. All the others were fine. This was new Chinese and
not a Renner part but that's my guess

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the knuckle. A little tug with the knuckle
pliers should prove the guess. But just in case, rather than piss around
too long on the client's nickel, I'll also bring a new shank and just be
done with it.

by the way, its a grand not an upright. Thanks for the responses...all
fine, as usual.

Jim Ialeggio

--
Jim Ialeggio