[pianotech] happy thanksgiving

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 22 07:36:31 MST 2012

Hi Everyone,Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!  Fortunately my wife and I only have part of the dinner to make.   Yesterday I tuned a Steck piano.  Here is something I want to try.  What do you guys think?  The bottom panel squeaks and creaks when the sustain pedal is depressed.  So my idea is this. I'd like to glue name board  felt  or something thicker along the bottom edge of the  panel itself that has the peg holes or the edge of the piano where the pegs are where the panel rests.  I've never seen this done before on a piano, but I wonder if that would quiet down the noise.  I tested it by taking a business card to shim it, but the gap was too large.  What are your thoughts?  thanksMarshall215-510-9400http://www.phillytuner.comps my PTG membership is in the works.  Vocational Rehabilitation hasn't come through on 2013 yet, but I figured, I'd just go ahead and get the ball rolling for 2012 what's left of it and at least get myself in the door.