[pianotech] How To Deter Mice

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Nov 29 18:15:14 MST 2012

On 11/29/2012 6:58 PM, Larry Fisher RPT wrote:

> I don’t think we have hail screen here Ron but we do have quarter inch
> mesh or hardware cloth or metal fabric or what ever it’s called.

That's the stuff. Came in 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" mesh, I think.  Like
everything else in hardware stores, what it's called now isn't what it
was called for the hundred years previous to my learning what it was
called then. I should have made recordings of my attempts to find
forstner bits in the mid 70s, after not having seen them anywhere since
the late 50s. "Flat bottomed holes? All our bits drill round holes."
Most tried to sell me spade bits, now called paddle bits, naturally.

Sigh...
Ron N