[pianotech] Perma free II

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 12:44:08 MDT 2012

Greetings,
    It appears that even the manufacturer is unable to control the
pinning, so good luck. Pinning these is like trying to shovel sand.
And that is what it seems like as you repin the action, only to see it
begin to flop loosely around, springs having a carnival with the rep
pinning so loose, etc.
    I have reamed them out to the loosest allowable amount and seen some
success, but a year later, there is still a few here and there that
have either regained their grip, or given up the grams and are floppy
loose.
    I think this may be one of the reasons that the WNG hard bushings
will be a prime attraction for the new composite parts, never mind the
stability of the flanges!
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html