[pianotech] Worst Bass/Tenor Crossover in Universe

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jan 10 07:31:01 MST 2013

On 1/10/2013 8:04 AM, Euphonious Thumpe wrote:
> Does anyone here see a problem with using a penetrating epoxy, such as
> West's, on an entire bridge in order to add some density for better
> vibratory transmission, and impede cracking?

I've saturated bridges with epoxy when repinning them for many years.
For structural strength and a clean termination rather than some
mystical little vibrations.

> If used, is there any top
> surface lube that works better than others? (I've painted on McLube
> molybdenum after scuffing the cap with fine sandpaper, and it seems to
> work well.)

Round 7,004: Ding! There is still no need for lubrication on bridge
tops. By far, the high string friction points are at the pins, not the cap.
Ron N