[pianotech] Worst Bass/Tenor Crossover in Universe

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu Jan 10 07:42:27 MST 2013

Are you speaking of an existing bridge or of a bridge to be made up?

Beyond minimal penetration into the surface of the maple the epoxy is applied to, I do not believe that you will achieve a through and through penetration of the maple of an entire bridge body.  It can certainly serve as a vapor barrier and minimize the movement of the wood as it responds to humidity,  To the extent that the bridge moves less in response to humidity, that would aid in the longevity of the bridge.

There are many who use no surface lube because they do not believe that it has any effect on the movement of the strings across the surface of the bridge.  For myself, I use graphite or McLube to give these aging eyes a better visual when I am notching and drilling, and I will vouch for that.

Will Truitt