[pianotech] Reducing tuning time (was Re: frustrated)

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:39:02 MST 2013

I'd suggest strip muting the entire piano, pulling unisons in as you go
(although that's a bit impractical in the lower part f the treble section).
Use your ETD pitch raise program, but don't spend time setting the pins
(i.e. move faster).
Then do a second pass (assuming the PR was substantial), with your favorite
muting method, and get it solid. Might take you even longer, but it is
worth the effort. And yes, charge appropriately for your time, and improved
results.
Patrick Draine