[pianotech] Knuckle lubing (was Scrubbing Bubbles)

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 08:47:13 MST 2013

Laura,
    If you're going to use the Teflon powder to lube the knuckles after cleaning, it can be mixed with naptha (just  a little powder is needed) and then this can be brushed onto the knuckles with a small, flat, hobby brush. (This keeps the powder from going all over everything --- but keep the aluminum foil in place in case of drips.) Once the naptha evaporates, a nice, uniform coating will be on and in the knuckles. (I don't know if this mixing will also work with talc, because the last time I did this I was still using Teflon.)

Thumpe