[pianotech] PTG chapter/piano teacher's meeting ideas

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 11:04:19 MST 2013

Richard

The Home Office has information that can help you. Call or e-mail Kathy.
The first step you should take is to call the president of the local music and/or piano teachers association.
Not to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but when I was in St. Louis and also here in Hawaii, the piano teachers just don't seem to want to hear from us. In St. Louis, the first time I called the president to set up a date to give a presentation, I was told that the schedule for the year was already set. And when I call the next time, I was told that the schedule will be set in a couple of months, and they would contact me. But they never did. In Honolulu, the only meeting I was asked to come to was an executive board meeting, held pool side in a condo building, at which only 6 piano teacher showed up, and I had to give a a presentation on tuning without a piano.

But as I said, have the president of your chapter contact the president of the MPTA, and go from there.

Wim