[pianotech] pianotech Digest, Vol 51, Issue 86

Tom Gorley tomgorley88 at sonic.net
Thu Jan 17 19:16:19 MST 2013

Marshall,

Does this happen to a lot of notes, or just one or two?  If it's just one or two, check that the hammer travel is vertical.
If most of them do it then probably shimming the left rest block is the way to go. Loosen the 2 screws and drop in a shim about the thickness of a coffee stirrer or popsicle stick.
 If you make any changes to hammer travel or the action position you will want to file the hammers.

On Jan 14, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Marshall, pianotech-request at ptg.org wrote:

>  I get this on pianos where I won't hear any thing at all when tuning the middle to the left string.  On some grand pianos I have to push down the unichorda?hope I spelled this correctly Joe, lol pedal to hear the right string.  Now is this
>  due to hammer spacing ,or string spacing or is the pedal out of adjustment. So theres  factors often slow me down.

Marshall