[pianotech] Please check out the "Bow Clamp" video, and comment on its uses for us.

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Jan 18 14:51:20 MST 2013

On 1/18/2013 2:26 PM, Jim Ialeggio wrote:
> <Have you seen these? http://www.frontlineengineering.com.au/
>
> Interesting... wonder how much moola$

They used to have prices on the site, BIG ones, but that apparently
didn't get them contact information with which to hound (market)
browsers, so they took them out.

> The key though to getting a panel to behave during glue up is to make
> sure the joints are dead nuts 90 deg and consistent. This is easier said
> than done.

Old world method is a sharp plane and a shooting board, which is simple
and slick. Then there's tongue and groove, which the power feed should
make really easy. I've wanted power feed on my resaw setup since my
first cut, but it's never been in even the fantasy budget.

> THis lets me finish up
> the final planing by hand, in reasonably short order...and have fun
> doing it.   ...don't know why hand planing is so enjoyable, but there
> you have it...

Making curls is cool. Power tools make their own kind of endorphins, but
the hand work has it's own special flavor.

> ...but those clamps look sweet...maybe in my next lifetime

Pretty slick, I thought.
Ron N