[pianotech] Private

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 11:32:30 MST 2013

I have a lot of Japanese customers who brought their pianos to Hawaii from Japan. While the Japanese piano manufacturers will not provide parts and service for gray market pianos, they will allow service and sell parts for piano that were brought to the USA by private customers. How they know difference, I don't know.

As I said before,  I don't know if it's a law, but the Japanese people do not like to keep pianos for very long, and will not spend money to restore them.

Wim