[pianotech] Credit Card Service providers - which one?

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Fri Jan 25 13:12:31 MST 2013

Quoting a base rate for a credit card transaction is only a part, and incomplete part of the picture.
My base rate is 1.8%, but my monthly effective cost ratio varies between 3.3% to over 5%.  This has to do with additional charges, fees and add-ons.

What I was actually hoping for was for someone to say: "I use ACME Systems" and last month my total fees were $50.- on $2000.- of sales charged to credit cards. (That would represent an effective cost of 2.5%)  Even with the Square, have users checked their statements and done the actual math? You could be surprised, because the actual transacting  is contracted out to a third party.....

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte
(250) 754-2440

www.pianofortesupply.com