[pianotech] Fwd: Crown Upright Question from the Dark Side

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 08:00:31 MST 2013

 The pedal in question is a Mandolin
Attachment that has little wooden "balls" hung on loops of string. When the
pedal is activated the little "balls" are place in contact with the
strings. The vibration of the string energy makes the little "balls" bounce
on each individual string and it sounds like a mandolin. As I recall the
Yes and a very cool sound it is too. I think all Yamahas Diklaviers should have one. Where do I get the tiny wooden balls
  I'll make a retro fit kit, we'll go into production next week....probably nahhhh tt

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S. pianos
www.Erwinspiano.com