[pianotech] number drills from MicroMark

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Mar 3 08:32:13 MST 2013

For those who use number drills in the shop:

Keeping a full set of number drills around is a challenge for me. I find
that after a few years, or five, or ten, that set tends to thin out in
the smaller sizes. They get broken, dulled, or just disappear
mysteriously. I can adequately freehand sharpen the larger half of a set
as I need to, but the smaller half is well beyond me. Back filling sets
with individual bits is the first option if you can keep a running list
of needed replacements. MicroMark has another option that I haven't seen
anywhere else. They sell bit sets of #41-#60 (Item # 82727) for $22.

I thought someone might find this useful.
Ron N