[pianotech] Key Leveling Time

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Mar 9 08:59:10 MST 2013

On 3/9/2013 9:18 AM, Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft wrote:

> /After compressing my felt punching and just before using them, I lay
> them all out on a piece of marble and press them with a clothes iron. I
> think that also helps to stabilize them./

It could very well. I never did it. I'd considered wetting them through
and baking them in the clamp to shrink them, but after a couple of years
under firm compression in one of my clamps, the already very thin hitch
pin punchings are packed down pretty solid without getting too fancy.
Whatever works.
Ron N