[pianotech] Expanding leads

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Wed Mar 13 14:35:36 MDT 2013

This would tend to support the idea that it's acids in the wood causing the expansion (ie. the keys were made of a different wood than the back action).

I see countless old keys over here with expanding leads; everything from Bechsteins to Steinways to Erards to Pleyels, etc etc. You name it. I disagree with the idea (that someone proposed) that this is an uncommon phenomenon.

AW
London, UK