[pianotech] PTG lists pianotech and CAUT shutting down soon

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Sun Mar 17 10:20:06 MDT 2013

To all pianotech and CAUT subscribers,

The pianotech and CAUT lists will shut down in two weeks, per the PTG
President's Feb 25 letter:

http://www.ptg.org/userfiles/file/forms/MailmanServers.pdf

Fear not. There are many options for participating in online communities
with piano technicians:

The Google Group is a direct replacement for this pianotech list, and
operates in the same fashion. Lots of the same people are there. Join by
sending a blank email to this address:

pianotech+subscribe at googlegroups.com

Or participate via web interface:

https://groups.google.com/group/pianotech.php/subscribe

Or simply email me and tell me you want to be on the list, and I'll add
you. For those who like the old pianotech, it is a natural substitute and I
think you will be comfortable there. There is no equivalent replacement
CAUT list as of yet.

There is the official PTG online community that has discussions, libraries
of information, and will host your blog:

http://my.ptg.org

There is a technicians Google+ Community that has the newest social
technology, and smartphone connections:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105661078186330061386

The career networking site has an active technicians forum:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1592467

Here is a traditional web-forum style discussion for technicians that has
been around a while:

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/3/

You can keep in touch with the PTG, and PTG technicians who are on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pianotechniciansguild

I am one administrator at the new pianotech Google Group, and can help
anyone who wants to join but has not been able to. Please email me and
describe your situation, and I will do what I can. John Delacour <
JD at pianomaker.co.uk> is the other admin, and can help as well.

Regards,

Jim Moy
jim at moypiano.com