[pianotech] The demise of pianotech list

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed Mar 20 15:11:26 MDT 2013

             Y'all are complaining about a tool like it had a
personality.  The forced change of exchange is unwelcome, but so is
hair loss, and really doesn't make much difference in the big picture.
  The corporate decision is just like a curve in the road, it is only
really a problem for those that don't want to turn the wheel.
    I hate changing over,  I am a technophobe. More comfortable with
arcane glues and testing ways of making sealing wax than recognizing an
ISP number , whatever that is.  I don't know what the 12 steps are for
technophobia, but maybe, just maybe, going through the rigamarole of
addresses, menus, settings, all of which make me want to scream and
throw things, (I don't), I will at least keep things looking and
working the same, even if it is through a different channel.
     It seems that the Google+ thing makes my mailbox look just like it
does on this pianotech forum. I sent the empty email, got something
back, and now I get postings in my email just like I did before.  It
seems that Jim Moy has got a handle on how it all works, and he appears
to occasionally lift some lost lamb from the cyberfog, setting the
buttons appropriately , and leaving them once again plugged in and
'debating' with the technical peer group we all recognize, even if we
can't define it.

    The water is fine, and the sharks don't bite.  might blow up your
computer, but probably not.

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html