[pianotech] Scrap Value of a Plate

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 23 12:21:12 MDT 2013

Upon reading Isaac's post, I just have to add another Plus. The Portand
Chapter has done this, usually during our Summer Burger Burn Meeting>:
Complete teardown of a junker piano. Not only are we able to salvage a lot
of good hardware, it teaches technicians HOW a piano is constructed, (good
and bad<G>). One such meeting we took buckets of pictures of the process.
Then reversed it all and titled it: "How To Make a Piano". It made for a
very interesting Chapter Project.
Best,
joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.