Prepared piano

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Thu May 28 11:08 MDT 1998

Hi Eric:

When I was at ASU, we had established a policy of not using our best piano
for and inside preparations or strumming or hitting the strings. Another
piano was reserved for this kind of usage. We had an unfortunate experience
where a students recital/audition tape was ruined when her piece ended on
a loud staccato note, but the damper had been messed up on a previous
recital so that the particular note kept ringing on after it was supposed to
have a dramatic stop.

Jim Coleman, Sr.