gram weights

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Tue Nov 3 18:49 MST 1998

In a message dated 11/3/98 9:50:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jpage@selway.umt.edu writes:

>    I am wanting to purchase a set of gram weights and was wondering how
>  you all weigh in :-) on what set is easiest to use/the most bang for your
>  buck.

Jeff,
I have a set of the stacking supply house ones and a much fancier set. I keep
coming back to the cheesy ones, with which I am actually faster than the fancy
ones. The cheap ones aren't even close to accurate, but a little drilling and
a gram scale gets them as accurate as you want. I like them for complete
weigh-off in the shop as well as quick field measurements requiring
portability.

 In the interest of fairness, my wife prefers the fancy ones.

Bob Davis