Objective keydip measuring

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Mon Nov 16 11:25 MST 1998

Ron,
I have a dip block which is screwed to a weight.
This applies an even force on each key but I prefer
the plain block myself.

1. I don't see how a spring-loaded device would compensate for
different playing styles. Harder playing compresses the front rail
punching more so a thinner, denser felt would be better to establish
a stable keydip. Consequently a dip which is set for such playing
would be shallower on a softer touch. So any spring-loaded device
would still be dependant on the amount of pressure applied.

Now, what I would like to see is a device to measure UW/DW.
Something along the order of an arm with a scale attached to
measure the grams on the downstroke and again on the upstroke.
(digital readout w/ input direct to computer - asking too much ? )
I just don't have to time or ambition for this project. I might though
if I stumbled across a suitable scale/measuring device.

2. I have not experienced loose centers on Renner USA parts.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)