Objective keydip measuring; Hamburg v NY frictions

kenrpt@mail.cvn.net kenrpt@mail.cvn.net
Mon Nov 16 18:41 MST 1998

At 12:25 PM 11/16/98 -0500, you wrote:

>1. Does anyone know of a tool that measures keydip objectively - ie., you
>don't have to try relying on identical finger pressure for each key (an
>impossibility in my experience!)?
 Ron, An idea I use sometimes from one of Willis Snyder's classes is to
make a lead weight of 12 oz., roughly 7/16 x 3 x 2, wrap it in duct tape,
place it on the narrow part of the natural and then use your regular dip
block to measure. Lift the key to level and let it drop and you will have
very equal weight from key to key. Also fits on sharps (a little balancing
act), but I use the Jaras gauge to measure them. Thank you, Willis.
 Ken Jankura
 Newburg, PA