Steinway underlevers

fred s sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Wed Jan 6 10:38 MST 1999

Seems like it's pretty unanimous that replacing tray and all is the way to
go. I guess I'll submit a bid for that, and see how many years it takes
for the budget to allow ;-) I had thought of bidding the insert route as
well as an alternative just in case there was no posibility of getting
enough money to do the whole replacement, but on consideration, it occurs
to me that they would just jump at the alternative. Politics and managing
money, it's a great game.
	BTW, I figured if I did the insert job, I'd install screws in the
flanges, assuming they're glued and that hasn't been done already. Not
that much work, and worth avoiding removal of the entire tray to fix one
flange, even once!

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Fred Sturm, RPT
Univ of NM