Resignation/ Job opening

Waldrop, Craig C.Waldrop@tcu.edu
Thu Jan 7 10:23 MST 1999

Dear List,

I have officially resigned my position as Staff Piano Technician at Texas
Christian University and will be assisting in the search for someone to fill
this opening.  My last "official" day is January 21st.

I have have found TCU be to an excellent working environment with many good
benefits.  The faculty of the School of Music are highly skilled musicians
and are co-operative and understanding of the piano technician's situation.
For those unfamiliar with this university, Texas Christian has for
thirty-five years been the home of the renowned Van Cliburn International
Piano Competition.  TCU is a small, private school that focuses on quality
rather than quantity.  The University has recently invested $1.5 million in
new Steinways with the goal of becoming an All-Steinway institution.

Features:
- 87 Pianos, 3 harpsichords, 4 pipe organs (organ tech takes care of those).
- Existing budget for outside repair, parts inventory, and contract tuning
help on a limited basis.
- Full-time position (professional classification); salary competitive,
commensurate to level of experience.

Requirements:
- Minimum of 10-15 years experience with emphasis in concert service.
- Guild membership and RPT classification preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to perform a wide variety of services
including fine tuning, voicing, regulating, and light rebuilding.

To apply send resume and enquiries to:

Dr. Kenneth Raessler, Director
TCU School of Music
TCU Box 297500
Fort Worth, Texas  76129

Interested persons please send responses as quickly as possible.

best regards,

Craig Waldrop, RPT
TCU School of Music
Texas Christian University