Resignation/ Job opening

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 8 12:40 MST 1999

How many pianos, and how many technicians? Why are you leaving?

John Minor
University of Illinois

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Waldrop, Craig wrote:

]Dear List,
]
]I have officially resigned my position as Staff Piano Technician at Texas
]Christian University and will be assisting in the search for someone to fill
]this opening.  My last "official" day is January 21st.
]
]I have have found TCU be to an excellent working environment with many good
]benefits.  The faculty of the School of Music are highly skilled musicians
]and are co-operative and understanding of the piano technician's situation.
]For those unfamiliar with this university, Texas Christian has for
]thirty-five years been the home of the renowned Van Cliburn International
]Piano Competition.  TCU is a small, private school that focuses on quality
]rather than quantity.  The University has recently invested $1.5 million in
]new Steinways with the goal of becoming an All-Steinway institution.
]
]Features:
]- 87 Pianos, 3 harpsichords, 4 pipe organs (organ tech takes care of those).
]- Existing budget for outside repair, parts inventory, and contract tuning
]help on a limited basis.
]- Full-time position (professional classification); salary competitive,
]commensurate to level of experience.
]
]Requirements:
]- Minimum of 10-15 years experience with emphasis in concert service.
]- Guild membership and RPT classification preferred.
]- Must be self-motivated and willing to perform a wide variety of services
]including fine tuning, voicing, regulating, and light rebuilding.
]
]To apply send resume and enquiries to:
]
]Dr. Kenneth Raessler, Director
]TCU School of Music
]TCU Box 297500
]Fort Worth, Texas  76129
]
]Interested persons please send responses as quickly as possible.
]
]best regards,
]
]Craig Waldrop, RPT