refinishing services

Greg Granoff gjg2@axe.humboldt.edu
Thu Jul 8 10:23 MDT 1999

David ilvedson wrote:

> Ralph Nelson
> 16846 Meekland Avenue
> San Lorenzo, CA  94580
> 1-510-278-4661
>
> Ralph does excellent refinishing (factory quality).  The problem
> will be getting it done before Christmas.  It is about $5000 for
> a Steinway M.
>
> Hope this helps...he has one of my pianos in his shop even as
> we e-speak.
>
> Date sent:              Wed, 07 Jul 1999 14:47:41 -0700
> From:                   Greg Granoff <gjg2@axe.humboldt.edu>
> To:                     CAUT <caut@ptg.org>
> Subject:                refinishing services
> Send reply to:          caut@ptg.org
>
> > Dear CAUT,
> > Anyone out there have any experience with refinishers "to the trade"?
> > I'm looking at possibly sending a piano down to Schroeder's in
> > Paramount,  CA.  There is absolutely nobody in my neck of the Pacific NW
> >
> > who lists in the Guide to Resources, and absolutely nobody in CA who has
> >
> > a listing besides the above mentioned business --whether to the trade or
> >
> > the general public, for that matter.  I find this truly astonishing. I
> > know there are people who can do a truly competent factory style finish
> > somewhere in CA -- but finding them is another story. This is a private
> > customer, and cost is really not an object.  Any suggestions,
> > references, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Greg Granoff  RPT
> > Humboldt State University
> >

> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA
> ilvey@jps.net

David,
Thanks for the mention of Ralph Nelson -- I'd completely forgot to ask about
how to get a hold of him.  I've used his excellent (and expensive) services
before and found his work definately up to snuff.  I've had a several phone
calls in to him over the last couple weeks, and never seem to get him in
person, and my messages aren't answered.  Is he out of town?
Thanks again.
Greg