Membership

dporritt dporritt@swbell.net
Sun Jul 18 07:00 MDT 1999

The piano chairperson of a prestigious music school was in Dallas this past
week and gave a recital in our auditorium. I had a delightful conversation
with her about schools, pianos, etc. She asked if I knew the head tech at
her school. I didn't. I looked in our directory, and he is not a PTG
member.

Have we made any real effort to ascertain why some obviously good
technicians have not found membership in PTG to be important? I'm not
talking about the accusatory "why are you not a member?" but something more
like "Is there something about PTG that keeps you from wanting to join?" I
really think we could learn a lot about ourselves and our organization if we
asked some prominent non-members why they aren't in PTG.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University